If you are a student or young adult researching career pathways that are a best fit for you, we recommend using this page as your guide.
Tip: You should always start with a personality or interest assessment to get started – jump to Additional Resources and try an assessment today!
schedule an appointment
Workforce Solutions Capital Area connects local people to local jobs. Whether you need a job right now or are looking for a career pathway that will help you achieve the lifestyle you want to live, we’re here for you!
Did you know Workforce Solutions can pay for your post-secondary training?
Check out our targeted occupations, which we’ve identified as in-demand in our region and reach out to our career center staff today to find out if you’re eligible for a scholarship.
Finding the right job for you
- Texas Reality Check: Determine how much money you will need to earn in the future to live the way you would like
My Next Move: Identify and/or explore career options. Search job options by key words, industry or interests
O'Net Interest Profiler: Helps you to identify possible career options based on your interests
mySkillsmyFuture: Identify career options based on your previous jobs
Achieve Texas: Search careers options by industry cluster
Applying to college
- KnowHow2Go: Information on how to go to college for parents and students
- About the SAT: College Board and The Scholastic Aptitude Test
- About the ACT: College Entrance Exam
- The Common Application: Help completing “common” applications for college
Paying for College
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): Financial Aid for College
- Scholarship America: College Scholarship Information
Additional Training Programs
- Job Corps (512.665.7327): Free education and training program that helps low-income young people learn a career, earn a high school diploma or GED, and find and keep a good job.